This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Nobody can deny that this may have been the coldest and longest winter EVER! While the weather certainly has not been ideal, warm Spring weather is on its way! Be ready for spring with some fun ideas to hurry away the last of the melting snow and brighten up your days.

1. Try a fun hair style! Warm Winter hats are no longer needed everyday. On a warmer day, ditch the hat and try a fun hair style like a bottom braid top knot! It’s super easy and adds an extra girly twist to the sophisticated top knot. It’s campus chic, but can also dress up a casual outfit with minimal effort.

P.S. Don’t forget to secure the braid with a pin before it goes into the pony tail AND add a quick spritz of hair spray to keep the pins and the the knot in place. Voila! 

2. Brighten up those lips. Winter is definitely the most drab season of all. Soon the colored lip balms go away and all that’s left in your bag is a few chapsticks. Let’s fix this now! Break out a medium to bright lip tone color that will not dry out your lips and still suits your skin tone. Try a Clinique Chubby Stick or even Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer. Both moisturize and add a pop of color to brighten up your look! If your skin has stayed medium tone then try a baby tint of Chubby Stick, but if you are pale like the most of us, be bold and choose a brighter color. Bye bye plain chap stick! 

3. Feel fresh with an invigorating face mask. Nothing feels better than a cool mask to clean out your pores. Sephora has an amazing selection of face masks, you could spend hours picking between them all! If you’re looking for a moisturizing mask to freshen up your face, try the Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask (oil-free too … win-win!). Prepare to wake up glowing after use! Be sure to stock up and have a spa party with friends, and of course, don’t forget the cucumbers! 

Afraid your moisturizing mask won’t do the job?! No worries! Try Sephora’s Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores. This face mask cleans your pores without drying you out! 

4. Ditch the chunky scarf.  The cold weather is just about gone, so pack away your heavy wool sweaters! Think about trying a scarf with a lighter fabric. You can still keep the fun accessory, while staying cool in the warmer weather.  Scarves come in so many fun colors, like the bright orange one pictured below.  Stock up on a bunch and pair them with a neutral sweater! (Try this with the bottom braid top knot. It will bring more attention to the hair style and make the scarf pop more).

5. Break away from the neutral bags. We tend to wear a lot of bland and neutral colors in the cold weather to match the temperature. Now that the nice weather is starting to break through, add another pop of color in your purse.  Try a solid colored clutch, or even a shoulder bag.  Make sure that you pair this pop of color with a neutral outfit, so that you don’t go overboard.  Pair it with skinny jeans, a loose sweater and flats for a perfect Spring day!

6. Freshen up your diet! With all of the warm stews and and big holidays behind us, it is time to detox our systems and prep for summer! Fill your fridge with fruits that are freshly available in the spring, such as grapefruits, oranges, kiwi, honey dew, pineapple and mango. Back away from the comfort food and get your body ready for bikini season ladies. You will feel better and brighter in no time!

The warm Spring weather is just around the corner! Use these tips to help you get get ready for the sunshine and warmer weather. Time to shed the winter layers and have some fun!