This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Spring break is just around the corner and whether you’re going on vacation somewhere much warmer than snowy Geneva or just going home to relax and spend time with family and friends, you’ll need to start getting ready soon. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your best spring break yet!

1. Make a spring break playlist

The best part of traveling is without a doubt the music you listen to in the car on the way home. When a good song comes on, you can’t help but turn it up and dance in your seat. Find some time to make a fun playlist to listen to while you’re on your way to your spring break destination. Add an eclectic twist to the playlist to keep everyone you’re traveling with interested and entertained. This could include anything from Ed Sheeran to Kanye West, but don’t forget the throwbacks! Who doesn’t love hearing R.Kelly’s “Ignition (Remix)” or your favorite *NSYNC song play through the car radio?

2. Stay hydrated

No matter what you’re doing over break, drinking a lot of water will keep you looking and feeling good! Drinking water has plenty of benefits that people often forget about: you’ll feel extra energized, your metabolism will be boosted and your skin will look more moisturized. Staying hydrated before and during break will help you make the most of your week off and help you look even more flawless in any photos you’re in.

3. Start your assignments early

The last few days before you leave campus are usually some of the busiest of the semester. Between packing, meetings with professors, clubs and sports, it’s hard to find time to fit in all of those papers and assignments you have due. The best way to manage your time well is to start these assignments early! Wake up a little earlier on Saturday morning and spend some time in the library working on these assignments. If you’ve gotten most of these assignments done by the time the end of the week rolls around, you’ll be able to relax and won’t be up until 4 a.m. finishing a paper due the next day!

4. Make a packing list

Packing to go home can be stressful; you’re worried you’ll forget something that you need and then you end up over packing and bringing home half of your wardrobe. To avoid the mini panic attack you have when you realize you forgot something, spend some time a few days before you pack to make a detailed list of things you need. You can also include exactly how many of each item to want to pack. By doing this a few days early, you still have some time to add to the list anything that you initially forgot about. Having a packing list will also make it easier when you are packing to come back to school because you’ll know exactly what you brought home so you won’t forget any essentials.  

5. Prepare your closet for warmer weather

Regardless of your spring break plans, preparing for the next (hopefully much warmer) season is a must. All of your favorite stores are starting to roll out their new spring styles and this is the perfect time to start browsing. Whether you decide to go to the outlets in Waterloo or wait until you get home, being prepared for warmer weather is important. The semester is almost halfway over and sunny skies will be in Geneva before you know it!

Keep these tips in mind for the week ahead and be prepared to have a fun, relaxing break!