Working on laptop?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Working on laptop?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

My Her Campus- Rotten Tomatoes Review 95%

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

Being a part of Her Campus has been such an interesting experience for me. I’m a current writer and only just joined HPU Her Campus this year. I heard about Her Campus from Mya- one of our co-presidents and she was also my classmate. Our university at the time was preparing for the annual Halloween Fun Fest and I was helping out with another booth that had partnered with HPU Her Campus. I became interested and followed the HPU Her Campus Instagram account and decided to join a year later. Our meetings are very casual-like and give me the opportunity to have a brainstorm session and think of potential ideas for any upcoming articles. I usually begin my writing process with bullet points for various topics and ideas and usually expand on them until I have something I’m satisfied with. With Her Campus I’m allowed more creative freedom than I normally would have if I was writing another paper for a class assignment. I have the leeway to talk about whatever topic that interests me and that I enjoy. Also I’m allowed to have  a more casual writing style that is similar to my diction. Knowing that there are readers out there that are intrigued by my articles fill me with such pleasure and joy.When my first article was published, I immediately sent them to my mother and grandmother and they reacted positively saying how much they enjoyed it and how proud they were. It only makes me more excited to continue writing more articles in the future.

Kirby Pierce

Hawaii '22

Hi I’m Kirby! I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California and moved to Hawaii for college. I’m a Mass Comm major with a love of travel, food and books.