How to be Fresh for Fall: It’s Time To Revamp That Wardrobe, Balance Your Health, And Boost Your Mood.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

How to be a Fresh for Fall
The list of things to love about fall is vast. In the fall, delicious veggies and fruits are in season. Many delightful seasonal foods and beverages, such as pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin pie, are restored to menus. Fall is also the ideal season for new fashion trends to emerge, as well as for styling your go-to favorites. Not to mention some of the best holidays happen this season such as Halloween and thanksgiving. Fall is my favorite season and I’m going to tell you why it should be yours too!

Although in Hawaii we don’t experience seasonal changes, we make up for the lack of cold weather and changing leaves by going out to any store and finding fall items. There is a fall section full of pumpkin spice-flavored items, cozy fuzzy socks, and cute autumn decor! There’s just something about pumpkin flavored items that incite cozy and warm feelings so stocking up on these items is the way to go. Baking pumpkin bread, drinking a crisp cup of apple cider, or buying local seasonal fruits and veggies will set the mood for fall.

The three main aspects I love and want you to love about fall are the fashion, food, and fun that comes with this season.

It can be hard to dress in traditional fall clothing like sweaters and boots in Hawaii since the weather stays pretty warm year-round. So how can we add a bit of spice to our wardrobe? One is buying earthy or neutral tone clothing such as browns, creams, blacks, and greens or finding different patterns. You could style a basic tank or tee with baggy jeans or trousers. There are also knitwear sets that appeal to warmer conditions. Converse or ankle boots could be traded in for sandals. Most importantly accessories can make your fall outfit. You could add hats, layer jewelry, or even add a button-up blouse under your summer dress. If you are staying in and have A.C then this is the time to bring out your cozy sweaters and fuzzy socks. Overall, whatever makes you feel stylish and comfortable creates your fall wardrobe!

Fall food is one of the best parts of the season. Some of the delicious fruits in season are apples, figs, cranberries, pears, and pomegranates. Some nutritious veggies are beets, Brussel sprouts, eggplant, squash, and sweet potatoes. And of course, we cannot forget the queen vegetable, pumpkin. Fall produce is so versatile and creates many healthy dishes. This is also the only time many places have pumpkins or other fall-flavored items. Starbucks has the iconic pumpkin spice latte and most stores have the limited edition pumpkin spice cheerios. Next time you go grocery shopping grab some of these items and they will add the best flavor and feel to your plate. Fall dishes are just the ultimate comfort food and are superior to any other seasonal meals.

My last statement is that Fall is fun! There is so much you can do during this season that you can’t at any other time of the year. For instance, Halloween occurs during this time so you can go visit a pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins, go on hayrides, try a corn maze, visit a haunted house or my favorite get cozy, light some candles, and snuggle up to watch a fall film. Thanksgiving is also a part of this season. This is a time to appreciate all you have and focus on what you’re grateful for. Taking the time to appreciate the things you have, both real and intangible, boosts your mood, improves your health, and can even strengthen your relationships.

Overall this is the season of relaxation and gratitude. Autumn is known as the harvest season. So now it is time to step back and allow yourself to grow!

Writer: Karolyn Monico

Editor: Alexa Castillo

My name is Karolyne and I currently reside in Honolulu. I am a junior at HPU, studying communications and marketing. I love fashion, beauty, health, and lifestyle genres!
Aloha, my name is Alexa. L'art imite la vie