College Girl’s Guide To Clear Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

If you’re like me you struggle with keeping your skin looking clear and healthy, especially during the school year when exams, boys, and pesky roommates take over your life. We don’t all have the funds or time to be checking into a dermatologist regularly, so what’s a girl to do to maintain beautiful glowing skin?

Having clear skin might be easier than you think. There are easy ways to improve your glow without having to try too hard. Whether you have a dry, normal, or oily face try these tips to revitalize you and your skin!

1. Keep your hands off!

Acne forms when your pores get blocked with bacteria, dirt, and debris. To help stop these nasty little particles from getting in, wash your hands often and try to refrain from touching your face.

2. Let’s go to the beach, beach

Ever notice how your skin clears up after a day at the beach? The sun is known to kill surface level bacteria. Therefore, getting outside and soaking up that sun can actually help to stop acne!

3. 8 glasses a day will keep the pimples away…

No, not 8 glasses of wine silly! Having up to 8 glasses of water a day, preferably with lemon, will help flush toxins out of your body and keep your skin feeling dewy. This tip is amazing, free, and super easy.

4. Antioxidants! Antioxidants! Antioxidants!

In simple terms, we need antioxidants. They help to reduce oxidation, which is the cause of acne inflammation. Eating berries, leafy green veggies, and even dark chocolate can work to reduce redness by giving your skin the chance to recover!

5. Hibernate for at least 8 hours a night.

You know what to do! Wash your face and get a good night’s rest! Sleep is where your body repairs and relaxes itself. Sleep away your stress and you’ll have clearer skin in no time!

Amanda is a senior at HPU working towards her degrees in mass communication and integrated multimedia. She loves all things related to design, photography, and journalism. Her dream is to move back to the big apple and work for Cosmopolitan magazine. When not sipping on Starbucks while studying, you can find her doing crossfit or diving.