This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

If you haven’t heard already, Summer’s Eve is canceled. Not only does it contain chemicals not good for your “partner in crime”, but it also does more harm than good for your body. Women’s Voices for the Earth posted an article titled “Summer’s Deceive” in which they list multiple chemicals that are used in Summer’s Eve products. The scariest phrase that sticks out was “2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol and Iodopropynyl butylcarbamate” (IPBC). IPBC releases formaldehyde, and although IPBC was taken out of the brand’s products just recently there are still products with it on the shelf. I’ve always been taught if you can’t say it, don’t use it. 

But don’t worry; there is a new black-owned feminine care line that is gaining popularity called The Honey Pot Company. Compared to Summer’s Eve this brand is by women, for women, and the best part is that it’s 100% natural made with herbs. Honey Pot has a wide range of products, from pads to feminine wash to feminine wipes, and they even have affordable menstrual cups. This brand truly is the holy grave for feminine care. Bea Dixon, the founder, has a reason for the creation for her products on the back of all the labels and shows her connection with her products:

“The whole reason I started The Honey Pot Co was because I was suffering from 

bacterial vaginosis for months and couldn’t get relief. One night, an ancestor visited 

me in a dream and gifted me with a vision to heal myself. 

With her help, I created the Honey Pot Co to solve for what other brands wouldn’t, 

using the power of herbs.”

I just recently started using The Honey Pot Co products, I can say that it is so much better than Summer’s Eve. I have both the foaming wash and the down there wipes, and the products smell amazing and work well. One thing that is important to me is that my partner in crime is always taken care of and healthy, and I feel that The Honey Pot Co products do exactly that. Their products are perfect for people who are sensitive too. Overall not only are you supporting a black-owned business but supporting a business that actually cares about what goes on your body. You can find their products on Amazon and Target, as well as, on The Honey Pot Co website. I’m planning to have a whole shopping spree on their website, and you should too!

Links 

Summer’s Deceive: https://www.womensvoices.org/menstrual-care-products/summers-deceive/

Honey Pot Company: https://thehoneypot.co

Hello, my name is Damali Danavall, I am a Junior, Biology and Criminology double major, and Chemistry minor from Atlanta, GA. I currently attend Howard University.
Jamiya Kirkland is a senior Biology major, Sociology and Afro-American studies minor from PG County, MD