Spring Break: For the Home-Bound Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

You’ve seen and heard it all. What to wear on spring break, where to go on spring break, how to be safe on spring break and fun things to do during spring break! Well, wouldn’t you like to know what to bring for this long-awaited and anticipated break– especially if you are going home? Don’t worry, Her Campus- Howard will help you out.

1. Winter Clothes

Yes, the start of spring break means one thing, the end of winter. Yes, feel free to pack up your heavy coats, socks, hats, gloves, etc. They are no longer needed! 

2. Homework

Homework? But this is supposed to be a break! I know, I know… but in Professor world, the word “break” doesn’t exist. So in between catching up with old friends, enjoying your own bed and soaking up the sun (or not),it might be a good idea to squeeze in some precious homework time… or not!

…I tried!

3. A list of new things to to do/see

To make your spring break a little more interesting, think of a list of things that you have always wanted to try in your hometown/city and go ahead and do them! Not only will this make your break more exciting, but it guarantees that you forget that you weren’t able to go to Cancun, Vegas, Miami, etc. 

4. School Paraphernalia

If you are  like me, you forgot to give a few of your friends their Christmas presents (woops!) You can make it up to them by giving them paraphernalia from your school! Items such as mugs, pencils, t-shirts and pins will surely do the trick. This is a great way to show them that you are enjoying college and that you have not forgotten about them. 

5.  A fun attitude!

The most important thing to bring on this break is intangible. A fun attitude will allow you to enjoy your break no matter where in the world you are! 

Kalia Williams sophomore English major with a a minor in Journalism. She is from McAllen, TX, a budding town on the border of Texas and Mexico. She is interested in fashion, cinematography, traveling and learning languages. In addition to writing for HerCampus-Howard University, she serves as the editor of Sterling Notes, the literary magazine at Howard University. She is an avid fan of soccer and aspires to go to the World Cup 2014 in Brazil!