Lindsay Thompson-Neon Sign Where You Need To Be Miami Bar Inspiration
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus

7 Inspirational Quotes for A Productive Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Here are quotes from Black pivotal legends that I think will make your day more purposeful. Read these and I’m sure you will feel motivated to do what you have to do!

1. “I have learned not to allow rejection to move me.” – Cicely Tyson
  2. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” – Maya Angelou

3. “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.” – James Baldwin

4. “If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, you must be the one to write it.” – Toni Morrison

5. “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.” – Langston Hughes

6. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali

7. “Have a vision of excellence, a dream of success, and work like hell.” – Dr. Samuel Dubois Cook

I hope these quotes allow you to meditate on the things you are called to do and go out and do them! Let no one get in the way of your purpose and your aspirations because they are your dreams for a reason. Stay inspired!

Kayla Cash

Howard '22

Kayla Cash is a senior at Howard University currently majoring in civil engineering. She is from Jacksonville, Florida. She strives to be valuable in any career field ranging from filmmaking and engineering. Kayla Cash is the epitome of a renaissance woman.
Deni Dedmon is a sophomore speech-language pathology major from Albany, GA. Her first love was writing but her second love was helping others, which led to her choosing a career in speech pathology. When it comes to her writing, she loves to write about everything, from entertainment (she’s an avid Kehlani fan) to book reviews (she’s been reading since the age of one) to controversial topics and current events (ya know, your average angry black girl things). Being the oldest of five girls, she is also passionate about young black girls, their self-esteem, and making sure that they’re proud of being who they are. At the age of seventeen, she became a contributor for MTV Founders and a spring writer for Affinity Magazine.