Style > Fashion

Why Aerie is My Favorite Store to Shop At

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

If you’re anything like me, being in comfortable clothes is a must. Comfortable clothes make me feel unrestricted from doing any task during my day. They also let me focus more on the tasks I have to do that day instead of whether I am uncomfortable. Despite always wanting to dress in comfy clothes, I also love wearing cute outfits that make me look and feel more put together. Where could I find clothes that match this criteria? Aerie. 

I never shopped at Aerie before flared leggings became insanely popular. Even for a time after that, I only bought flared leggings and I did not dare to adventure into the other clothes that Aerie sold. However, I am happy that I did eventually look at the other clothes that Aerie sold because the clothing that they sell suits me well. 

My favorite thing to buy at Aerie is leggings. I used to be a big fan of LuluLemon’s leggings, but now that I have tried Aerie’s, I cannot go back. Aerie’s leggings fit me a lot better in terms of the length. Additionally, I feel as though they are of similar quality to the ones at LuluLemon, but at a cheaper price. Their leggings are my go-to bottoms if I am going to the gym, going to class, or just hanging out with my friends. I 10/10 recommend the leggings at Aerie. 

My next favorite item from Aerie is the flared leggings. They were a trend for a reason. They are super comfortable bottoms, but you can dress them up. I usually like to wear them with a cute sweater, but I have also worn them with a going-out top and with my game-day fit. Similarly to their regular leggings, they are a good length and don’t feel like they are dragging on the floor. Flared leggings from Aerie should be brought back as a trend. 

Finally, Aerie’s sweaters are amazing. I almost have no words to describe how amazing they are. While I was super skeptical of them at first, I will recommend them to anyone and everyone. First, they are super comfortable but cute at the same time. Additionally, they are warmer than they appear. Finally, they are naturally oversized, so you do not have to worry about them possibly shrinking in the dryer. They are such high-quality sweaters and I think everyone should have at least one sweater from Aerie. 

Aerie is a store that deserves more recognition. Whether you feel the same about my favorite items from Aerie or not, there is something there for everyone. It is overall the best store for shopping for a wardrobe that is comfortable but looks really good at the same time.

Sarah McAuliffe

Holy Cross '27

Sarah is a freshman at Holy Cross from Mountain Lakes, NJ. She enjoys going to the beach, going to cute coffee shops, listening to music and hanging out with friends.