This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

This past weekend here at Holy Cross was a bittersweet one. It was exciting, exhausting, fun-filled, and emotional all at the same time. Friday night was senior ball- a long awaited extravaganza for our class year since Covid stole our senior prom. Many of us dusted off our senior prom dresses that have been waiting to be worn for the last 4 years, the guys rented tuxedos (when they normally just rent suits) and everyone gathered at Fenwick at 3:30 on Friday afternoon to get all of our pictures in before sunset. Everyone looked stunning, smiles glued on their faces. We spent the whole night on the dance floor with friends and dates, laughing, joking, and soaking up every second. 

As tough as it was, we rallied on Saturday morning for our final home football game and our last tailgate as Holy Cross students. The weather was immaculate: the sun was out, the air was a bit brisk but filled with music, laughter, and cheering. It was difficult to hold back the tears knowing that the next time we will be on the baseball field tailgating or at Fitton Field watching the team is when we come back for alumni weekend next fall. 

Sure, we’ve had other lasts this semester, like the last first day of school, last Parents’ Weekend, and the lasts of other events and get-togethers, but this weekend truly felt like the first of the lasts. Our freshman fall was remote with Covid and my junior fall I was abroad, so as it was this is only my second fall semester at Holy Cross. There was so much I was looking forward to, and still am looking forward to, and it’s crazy how fast it’s going by. I’m emotional writing this as we head into Thanksgiving break, knowing that when we come back there are only 2 more weeks before finals, 2 more weekends, and then the semester is over. Then we’ll come back in January, it will be 2024, the year we graduate, our final semester, and then it will truly be the lasts.

Fiona Willette

Holy Cross '24

Fiona is a senior at Holy Cross studying physics and business. She is originally from Stamford, CT, but has loved spending her college years in Worcester. She is passionate about friends and family, cooking, being involved with campus and community activities as well as crossfit and working out. Her and fellow chapter member, Charlotte Keane, are so excited to be the Campus Correspondents this year!