This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

I’m not sure about everyone else, but my TikTok for you page has been absolutely flooded with videos on “The February Theory”. Now is this because everyone is thinking about relationships around Valentine’s Day? Maybe? But who knows, maybe there’s something to it?

In the past two months, thousands of people have been taking to TikTok to give their own examples of “The February Theory”. According to the theory, February brings everyone either a new person/relationship that they never would have thought of or expected. (I’ve also seen some that claim the month brings your ex back into your life, but I am going to not even attempt to put that out into the universe). Rumor has it, the connections/reconnections that come in the month of February could or will lead to a happy and long lasting relationship by the end of the month. While yes, this will not be 100% for everyone, I am eager to see if it renders itself true for either myself or others I know who spark something in the month of February.

I guess we’ll see at the end of the month. Will everyone’s theory be true? 

Caroline Hanson

Holy Cross '27

Caroline Hanson is currently a freshman at Holy Cross studying psychology and education. She is from Lowell MA and plans to be a school psychologist before pursuing private practice! Se spends her time with family and friends, playing golf, and doing mental health advocacy work!