This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Classic T-Shirts

Since we’re still in between hot and cold weather, invest in some basic t-shirts! I recommend starting off with versatile colors like white, black, and gray. They are perfect for layering and can go with practically any outfit.

Chunky Sweaters

Sweaters are not only in-style, but they are also extremely practical. They go hand-in-hand with a good pair of jeans and keep you plenty warm, which makes this article of clothing a must-have for the fall and winter months.

Pants, Pants, Pants!

Corduroy trousers, cargo pants, mom jeans, sweatpants, you name it! Wearing some bolder styles and/or colors of pants with a basic shirt is one of my favorite ways to go.

Go-To Denim

Incorporate some comfortable yet cute denim pieces into your closet to step up your outfit game in the colder months. If you’re looking for reliable pieces, Levi’s for the straight leg jeans and denim jackets to add depth to your outfit game.

Platform Uggs

I am always on the lookout for shoes that are trendy, but can add an inch or two to my height, which is why I splurged on the Ugg Tazz. The platform gives the illusion that these shoes aren’t “lazy,” even though they are technically slippers!

* Pro Tip: If you want these shoes, order them as soon as possible. They sell out extremely quickly once the weather starts to shift!

Gold Accent Jewelry

Tie your outfit together with some gold jewelry. I have always tended to wear silver jewelry, but Amazon has plenty of trending sets of gold earrings and rings that you can mix and match. It’s safe to say that I’m hooked!

Meredith McDonough

Holy Cross '26

Meredith is a sophomore from Woburn, MA who enjoys writing, dance and spending time with friends!