Swifties say Taylor will Surprise us Again– This Time No Explanation, Only Reputation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Although it may be hard to believe after the incredibly recent re-release of 1989, fans say Reputation (Taylor’s Version) will be dropped on 11/10. While Swifties are notoriously known for their wild predictions and detailed speculations, there actually seems to be a lot of evidence hinting at this surprise announcement. 

First, even though Taylor just gifted us an amazing re-recording of 1989 on 10/27, the release dates between her “Taylor’s Version” albums have been getting closer and closer to one another. Starting with Fearless and now ending with 1989, the space between each album drop has gotten shorter and shorter. This hints that it may not be impossible for Taylor to re-release two albums in short order– a mere two weeks.

Next, the dropping Reputation (TV) may actually be hinted at in the song “Glitch” on the album Midnights. First, there seemed to be a glitch on Taylor’s official website, where the heading where her name is written was all blacked out– seemingly a glitch. Additionally, there is a lyric in the song that reads, “It’s been 2,190 days of our love blackout”. During Taylor’s “Reputation Era,” she quite literally blacked out her entire social media– this blackout from years ago is exactly 2,190 days from Thursday, November 9th. This hints that Rep may be announced on the 9th… Yes, you might be thinking, “Why isn’t Reputation going to be on that then if the blackout corresponds to that date?” Well– here is the reason.

Looking closely at the album cover of 1989 (TV), one sees something quite interesting. If you examine the font of the words “Taylor’s version,” the “S” in “version” looks suspiciously like a snake– the emblem of the Reputation Era. Then, the “S” is followed by “ION” to complete the word. Since the “I” is simply a straight line, “ION” can be read as “10N”, or the 10th of November. 

To add to the credibility of the “ION/10N”, we look at where Taylor will be on tour for the 10th. She will be touring internationally in Latin America, where the date is written as DD/MM (day, month), further rationalizing the reasoning for hinting at the album drop with 10N instead of a clue with the American way of writing the dates (Nov. 10). 

Similar to her announcement of 1989, Taylor actually has a show scheduled for the 9th. Following her previous pattern during the 8/9 show in LA, she may even wear black versions of all her outfits, hinting at the soon release of another album. This show would give the perfect platform to announce the dropping of Rep, which could then happen at midnight– on November 10th.

Even in the song “Call It What You Want”, which is on the Reputation album, Taylor may have foreshadowed the re-release. One of the lyrics read, “I recall late November,” and although the 10th is not truly late November, it, along with all the other evidence, seems too suspicious to pass up as coincidental. 

Another piece of reasoning is found in the media for 1989 (TV). After the re-release was first announced, all pictures advertising the album featured cheery, bright blue skies. However, as time passed, the skies in Taylor’s photos promoting the album grew darker and more mysterious– warning of an incoming storm. These visuals perfectly align with the vibe and, well, the reputation of the Reputation album. It shows off an edgy, badass side of Taylor and is represented by darker colors; it is the black sheep and the wild storm of her “eras”. 

Lastly, to top it all off, November 10th, 2023 will be the 6 year anniversary of the album since its release on the same day in 2017. Unsurprisingly, Rep is the 6th album in Taylor’s collection. Of course, there is no way to truly know what will happen next with Taylor. However, one thing seems sure– there will be no explanation, only Reputation. 

Natalia Jacuch

Holy Cross '27

Natalia is a dedicated and ambitious first year student at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA. From a young age, she has had a passion for creative writing and journalism, and she anticipates to declare an English major at the college in the spring. A New Hampshire native, she loves to spend time with her mom at the bay, go striper fishing, and go on adventures. She also enjoys making Taylor Swift friendship bracelets and playing card games with friends.