Start your Day the Right Way!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

We all know the struggle of trying to get ourselves to the gym and we all find millions of excuses not to go. However with summer on the way it’s time to get off that struggle bus and through those gym doors! Here are some motivational reasons that you should hit the gym before you even start your day (or get sucked into another Netflix binge).

1. Neither Hart nor Loyola is very far from any dorm, which makes the trek there less daunting. The hardest part is climbing up the hill, but that isn’t even that bad now that it’s spring and the snow has *finally* melted!!

2. Getting in a workout first thing in the morning gets your metabolism going for the rest of the day, so feel free to have that cinnamon roll you’ve been eyeing at Cool Beans (oh, and if you haven’t tried them yet.. you must!!). 

3. A workout will put you in a better mood for the rest of the day and make you more apt to absolutely kill it in class (even if it is at 8 AM).

4. Going in the morning also helps you avoid that pre-dinner rush when ALL the machines are taken (seriously, no one has time for that).

5. You get it out of the way! Now you can finally start Friends!!