This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

In the thick of the semester, taking time for self-care is extremely important. This week I want to share all my favorite ways to practice self-care. 

1. Exercise Classes 

If you’re a Holy Cross student, the Jo offers free exercise classes. I think it can be beneficial to go to them with friends but especially if you are going alone. It is so nice to be in the company of strangers and have a sort of unified community for you to work out with. 

1. Hot Girl Walk! 

I love a hot girl walk. Whether it is to clear your mind or get some steps in, a nice little walk can be so good for the mind and body. I especially recommend walking outside if you can (even though it’s about to get so cold in Worcester!). 

1. Journaling 

Journaling is a self-care practice that I want to get better at while at school. As Holy Cross and college students, we do A LOT of writing; however, I think it’s really beneficial to get all of your thoughts and feelings out and onto a piece of paper. You will feel better I promise. 

1. Meditation

If you’ve never meditated before, finding a guided meditation class online or going to a yoga class can be a great place to start. I personally think intentional silence is the most valuable part of meditating. Our lives are too hectic sometimes especially in the thick of the semester, and taking a moment to pause is so worthwhile.

1. Sweet Treat/ Drink 

If you’re reading this, I’m here to tell you it is a sweet treat o’clock! Grab yourself a sugary iced coffee, ice cream, or a little piece of candy. Whatever your prerogative is, enjoy that sweet treat. You deserve it. 

Even if it’s not something on this list, this is my reminder that you need to do something for yourself this week.

Ann O'Malley

Holy Cross '26

Ann is a current sophomore at Holy Cross from Milton, Massachusetts. She enjoys spending time with friends, listening to music, and writing!