This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

“Hot Mess with Alix Earle” has been a hit in the world of podcasts. As I am sure many of you know, Alix rose to fame last year on TikTok for her relatable content. I was excited to see her branching out from TikTok into a long-form medium like a podcast. After listening to the first three episodes, I have some thoughts.

Episode one titled “Just Friends?” welcomes listeners. Alix starts by addressing the drama surrounding her relationship status with “NFL Man,” Braxton Berrios. I enjoyed how Alix does not just stick to one topic with her episode as she quickly switched gears from NFL Man to introducing her college best friends. Next, Alix exposes herself and the viral picture of her at Drake’s birthday party. Alix explains that she never actually got into the party despite being photographed outside, a secret most would have taken to their graves. Lastly, she takes a trip back to Casa Amor to rescue her friends’ nudes off of their old college fridge. Their mission was a success and hilarious to listen to. With such a wide range of content in under an hour, I think it is safe to say the title “hot mess” describes the podcast perfectly. Each section of this episode captivated me. I listened while on the treadmill at the gym, and I can confidently say that no other podcast has made the time pass so unbelievably fast. After finishing this first episode, I was very excited for episode two.

Episode two, “My Sorority Nightmare,” was an insightful listen as someone who goes to Holy Cross, a school without sororities. In this episode, Alix explains the sorority scene as a freshman at the University of Miami. Just as in the episode before, Alix switches to an entirely different topic midway through and goes to New York with her friend Natalie. Alix then ends the episode back in Miami. Though not as exciting as the first, episode two still made me interested in Alix’s podcast.

Most recently, Alix released “Overcoming My Eating Disorder.” With this episode, listeners can see the shift from Alix’s relatability to more of an authentic vulnerability. Before this deep dive, Alix has Isabella, her high school best friend, onto the show for a more light-hearted segment. Alix then delves into the eating disorder that she developed due to a toxic environment in high school. She includes resources in her show notes including nationaleatingdisorders.org.

Throughout the wide range of topics Alix has covered in her first few episodes, her message of authenticity reins through. Her podcast feels as though you’re on the phone with your best friend. The podcast shares Alix’s imperfect or “hot mess” life, and she lets listeners know that the hot mess is okay. In my opinion, this podcast is a must-listen.

Ann O'Malley

Holy Cross '26

Ann is a current sophomore at Holy Cross from Milton, Massachusetts. She enjoys spending time with friends, listening to music, and writing!