Pop Star or Average Joe? Jessie J Just Gets You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

With the Spring Concert just hours away, it’s important to remember just how #blessed we are to have Jessie J coming to perform for us. Even though Jessie J is having a major moment in her career right now–teaming up with huge stars by the likes of Arianna Gande and Nikki Minaj–, she’s still just your average 20-something year old woman. She gets the struggles so many of us fret over and realizes that every now and then you just have to let the dork out and eat that piece of mouthwatering cheesecake. So take her lead and don’t sweat it if you didn’t run a billion miles this week.

1. She’s not about to go run a marathon:“I’m not a natural runner. I’m friends with Ellie Goulding, and she’ll be like, ‘I’ve just done a 10K run’ and I’m like: ‘Why would you do that? How do you just do that?’”

2. She gets the struggle of being a woman:“You know, as a woman, it is tough to get to the top – like to get to that respected level in this industry – in any industry, I think.”

3. Dessert is always a good idea-and she knows it:“I might put a nicer pair of heels on and a cooler outfit, but I’m still that naughty girl who likes a slice of cheesecake on my day off.”

4. Even she has an inner weirdo:“I am a dork in disguise; I love doing stupid stuff.”