barbie movie behind the scenes 0010?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
barbie movie behind the scenes 0010?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Pop Culture-Inspired Costumes You Need To Try This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Barbie

Since the movie is practically a cultural phenomenon, Barbie may very well be this year’s most popular costume. You could simply wear a pink dress, or go with something as flashy as a neon rollerblading outfit!

Taylor Swift

The beauty of this costume is its versatility! There are many eras of artistry you could choose from: try out a white T-shirt, black fedora, and red lipstick in honor of “22,” or a gold fringe dress to tap into Taylor’s Fearless album! 

Wednesday Addams

If you want to show off an RBF this year, Wednesday may be just the costume for you. All you would need for this look is a black dress, black tights, two braids in your hair, and a straight face!

Rihanna (Super Bowl)

If you want to be stylish while staying warm this Halloween, paying homage to this iconic Super Bowl performance is a great option; just find a red bodysuit and pair it with matching cargo pants and a bomber jacket!

Hailey and Justin Bieber

** Note: This would work best as a couples costume!

The pair is notorious for looking like they are never on the same page when it comes to an event’s dress code. If you want to recreate an iconic example of this, search for a short red dress to channel Hailey and pull a gray sweat-set out of your closet to match Justin’s look.

Meredith McDonough

Holy Cross '26

Meredith is a sophomore from Woburn, MA who enjoys writing, dance and spending time with friends!