This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

I already know this is going to be controversial. I used a song sorter to do this, but I don’t think that was necessary. I know exactly which songs are my favorites. To preface, I am a Fine Line girl for life.

1. Keep Driving
  2. Sunflower, Vol. 6
  3. Daylight
  4. Fine Line
  5. Satellite
  6. To Be So Lonely
  7. She
  8. Canyon Moon
  9. Cherry
  10. Only Angel

Now here’s my defense:

I was 13 when HS1 was released, but I liked Harry during his One Direction years as well. Those years were my childhood and I still love the nostalgic feeling I get from One Direction songs. The release of HS1 was to be expected, but welcomed nonetheless. It signaled a new era of individual success. I was not expecting the songs. They were mature, they were rock influenced. I liked it, but I think back then I was too young to love it, so I didn’t appreciate the HS1 era enough. I was 16 when Fine Line was released, just a few months before everything shut down because Covid. I got tickets to see him at TD Garden immediately. Then I found myself home for months on end with absolutely nothing to do. Naturally I became enamored with Fine Line and have been ever since because I had the time to consume nothing but Harry Styles content for basically seven months straight. The release of Harry’s House had me questioning my loyalty to Fine Line, but after I got past recency bias, I remembered what I really loved. “Keep Driving” takes the #1 spot because of the metaphor. We deal with all these crazy things in life, but we keep going. It’s also a really fun song and the bridge is amazing. “Sunflower, Vol. 6” is also a fun song. I love the melody and the boops at the end. It makes me hope that one day I can dance in a sunlit kitchen with someone I love. “Daylight” takes #3 because I absolutely adore the lyrics and how it seems like a simple song and similar to his other ones. The lyrics stand out to me though, and the fact that this is such a fun song to sing in the car. #4 is “Fine Line.” This song and I have a complicated relationship because it’s overrated, but it’s also not? It’s such a depressing, yet uplifting song. Everyone says “it’s his greatest song” and I agree, but I don’t. I genuinely cannot explain it. “Satellite” is at #5 because this song is the best song to scream and when the beat drops at the end I ascend. #6-#9 are Fine Line songs because I will always choose Fine Line songs. Last but not least, “Only Angel” at #10. I love this song and I never say it’s my favorite off of HS1 because I always think to say “Kiwi.” It’s definitely my favorite though. This song is like “Kiwi,” but where the lyrics are more the focus than the instrumentals. He also opened with it on “Live on Tour.” Just look up videos and you’ll understand.

Rhiannon Dyment

Holy Cross '26

Rhiannon Dyment is a sophomore at Holy Cross. She is double majoring in English and Political Science with a concentration in Peace and Conflict Studies. Rhiannon wants to continue on to law school after graduation. Outside of HerCampus she is involved with the Holy Cross Admissions Office, Purple Key Society, Feminist Forum, and Pink Gloves Boxing. Rhiannon loves dogs, warm weather, acai bowls, and playing golf.