This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

When I get into a TV show, I can’t get out. I get so engrossed in the plot, the characters, and the overall storyline that I cannot turn it off. For the past few years, I have been an avid watcher of the reality show ‘Selling Sunset’: a series that follows luxury real estate brokerage The Oppenheim Group in Los Angeles made up of several women who deal with the cut-throat real estate industry while navigating drama-filled fights among themselves. These fashionable, modelesque agents show the glitz and glam that comes with living and working in one of the most high-profile areas of California; however, viewers also get a look into the not-so-sexy moments in luxury real estate. ‘Selling Sunset’ consists of seven seasons, each with around ten episodes ranging from 25-45 minutes long. 

If you are a fan of The Kardashians or any of the Real Housewives shows, you will LOVE ‘Selling Sunset’. It is one of the most mindless shows I have seen, which may be a bad thing for some, but it is the perfect way to wind down from a busy day: extremely rich people’s problems, fights happening in multi-million dollar mansions, and the idea of perfection being contradicted by jaw-dropping gossip. Not to mention there are frequent celebrity appearances, including Larsa Pippen, French Montana, Simu Liu, and Josh Richards. It checks off all of my boxes when it comes to a guilty pleasure television show. 

One interesting part about ‘Selling Sunset’ is its take on feminism–one minute, the agents are being boss businesswomen and inspiring viewers like me to just go for it, and the next, they are dragging each other through the mud with the craziest confrontations. Although it is entertaining to watch, sometimes it can be disappointing to see women, on the same team, intentionally putting each other down. Some of the agents are more problematic than others. My favorite as of right now (this probably changes daily) is Chelsea because she is not afraid to speak her mind, but she does it in a poised way that holds true to her character. She also stands up for her friends which most of the other agents fail to do. My least favorite is Nicole, and I could go on with reasons as to why. Granted, the show is probably heavily edited to make her look bad, but from her interactions with each woman on the show, she seems ingenuine. The fight between Nicole and Chrishell in the first episode of season seven really brought out the catty side in both agents. This might be one of the most unpopular opinions you have heard if you watch ‘Selling Sunset’, but I am going to be honest: I miss Christine. Sure, she was one of the most dramatic, controversial people on the show, but where has the drama been since she left? In my opinion, she brought absolutely everything and took it all with her on the way out. 

If I had to rate the seventh season of ‘Selling Sunset’ out of 10, I would give it a solid 7. The fights were there, the fashion was definitely something, and the houses were unreal. I would recommend this show to anyone who needs something to watch without thinking, and to someone who has a lot of time on their hands, because ‘Selling Sunset’ is impossible not to watch in one sitting. I think it was a step up from the sixth season, and I am looking forward to the next one already. I’ll have to keep myself busy until then!

Emily Johnson

Holy Cross '25

Junior English major at the College of the Holy Cross