This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Quick disclaimer, I am by no means a dermatologist, I’m just a girl who spends way too much time researching skin care products. Please do not confuse my advice and review with the opinions of medical professionals.

Like most teen-age/young-adult women I struggled with the occasional breakouts, and I also have sensitive skin. While my breakouts may have resolved themselves over time, I still have to be very conscious of what I am putting on my skin and maintain a healthy, consistent skin care routine.

I would classify myself as having normal skin, but last month my skin was extremely dry, drier than it has ever been. In an effort to solve this issue, I cut out most of my skin care products, especially ones that I knew could contribute to this dryness. Even using just cleanser, a gentle toner, hyaluronic acid, and moisturizer, I could not improve the extreme dryness that my skin was experiencing.

I got the Tower 28 SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray as part of the Sephora Vacay All Day bag. I had heard of it before thanks to TikTok, but I decided to research it first to see if it would help or if it would harm my skin. What I found is that it is “an award-winning daily facial spray that soothes + purifies stressed-out skin helping to calm visible irritation and redness” and “a soothing, purifying, and repairing daily rescue spray for angry, stressed out skin (Sephora; Tower 28). Its main ingredient is hypochlorous acid which has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties to help soothe irritation and reduce redness. The reviews are great and it comes recommended by skin care gurus and dermatologists alike. In desperation I decided to give this a try.

I saw results in just under 48 hours. My redness was completely gone and the dryness seemed to be going away as well. After just three days, all dryness was gone and my skin was glowing. It looked so healthy.

I now use the Tower 28 SOS Spray three times a day, in place of my usual toner and serums. In the morning and at night, I cleanse, spray, and moisturize (and I add sunscreen in the mornings!) This seems to be working wonderfully for my skin and I cannot say enough good things about this product. The full size product (120mL) is $28. If you want to test it out first they do have a mini version (30mL) for $12. Definitely do some research beforehand to see if it will be a good fit for you, but I highly recommend the Tower 28 SOS spray even if you have only minor skin care concerns.

Rhiannon Dyment

Holy Cross '26

Rhiannon Dyment is a sophomore at Holy Cross. She is double majoring in English and Political Science with a concentration in Peace and Conflict Studies. Rhiannon wants to continue on to law school after graduation. Outside of HerCampus she is involved with the Holy Cross Admissions Office, Purple Key Society, Feminist Forum, and Pink Gloves Boxing. Rhiannon loves dogs, warm weather, acai bowls, and playing golf.