My Four Podcast Favs & Why I’m Loving Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Full transparency: I used to hate podcasts. My friends would rave about them, and I just did not understand the big deal. I tried to start listening when the podcast world was still somewhat limited. However, after a few months, everywhere I turned, a new podcast was being launched. It turns out I just needed to trial and error until I found some that I liked. Once I found a couple that I liked, I haven’t missed an episode. So here are the podcasts that turned me from a podcast hater into one of the biggest fans. 

#1. Happy Human Club with Soph Mosca: 

I have been watching Soph Mosca on YouTube since 2019. So, when she announced her podcast, I had to give it a listen. Soph and I  actually grew up in the towns next to each other, so it’s really cool to see her grow as a creator. On Happy Human Club, she covers topics like content creation, lifestyle, relationships, wellness, and more. The way she hosts her show is really unique. Soph is able to seriously make it seem like it’s just the two of you talking and having a conversation over a cup of coffee. That is one thing that I feel like many podcasters try to accomplish, and Soph does a really good job with it. 

#2. On Purpose with Jay Shetty:

This is the podcast I go to when I need some motivation or some ideas on how to improve my daily life. Jay has guests like Kim Kardashian, Renee Rapp, and even President Biden. Jay and his guests discuss the keys to success, daily habits, mental health, and more. Jay’s main hope is to “make wisdom go viral”. One of my favorite episodes was honestly the conversation with President Biden, where they discussed grief, resilience, and mental health. Also, his episode is about transforming an anxious mindset. The podcast has a sense of calm about it that you feel as soon as you press play. 

#3. Staying Up with Cammie and Taryn 

Cammie and Taryn Arnold – Scott are a comedic wife and wife duo that want to make a good time for their listeners. They refer to the podcast as a “virtual sleepover” where they talk about relationships, friendships, and every once in a while have fun episodes like “unhinged listener confessions” or the iconic truth or drink episode. It’s a lot of fun and feels like a fun time with friends. 

#4. Chicks in the Office 

Chicks in the Office is hosted by Maria Ciuffio and Francesca Mariano (Ria and Fran as listeners know them), and presented by Barstool. The girls have a focus on pop culture; celebrity news, reality TV, and occasionally a celeb guest interview. I tend to put this on when I hear about a new celebrity breakup, reality show, or a major pop culture moment. Essentially like a news outlet. I know Ria and Fran will have all the details and will share everything they know with their listeners. 

Those are my four podcast favs that I listen to every week! Definitely give them a listen and try listening to a bunch of different ones before deciding you’re not a podcast person!

Caroline Hanson

Holy Cross '27

Caroline Hanson is currently a freshman at Holy Cross studying psychology and education. She is from Lowell MA and plans to be a school psychologist before pursuing private practice! Se spends her time with family and friends, playing golf, and doing mental health advocacy work!