Style > Fashion

My Favorite Met Gala 2023 Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Every time the first Monday of May roles around, I realize how fast a year truly goes by. It sneaks up on me every single time. The Met Gala is my mom and I’s super bowl. This year, my friends and I swore to each other that we wouldn’t peek at any of the looks until 8pm, when we could all be together. It started at 6..I peeked. Only a little. The first look I accidentally caught eye of was by far my favorite, Miss Dua Lipa.

I mean, this is quintessential Chanel. She looks stunning in a vintage Chanel tweed bridal gown. As one of the hosts of the Gala, I think she executed herself amazingly with a simple, elegant look paired with that huge Tianny Diamond and clean hair and makeup.

Emma honestly never fails to execute at the Met Galas. I thought this look was perfect for her age, and this blue goes perfectly with her coloring. Very Chanel with an Emma twist. I love that she chose to wear socks, a headband, and cropped the blazer. Amazing.

Teyana Taylor also twisted the theme amazingly. The tweed and suit combination makes this an easily recognizable Chanel vibe, but with an edgy twist with the choice to show her hips, making the blazer appear as a bodysuit paired with a low rise skirt.

This look is somewhat controversial because it isn’t clearly on the Karl Lagerfield theme, but I LOVED it. I think the color combination is just so pleasing on the eye, and its something I haven’t seen before.

Additionally, I thought Michelle Yeoh killed it. This look is so chic, and right on theme.

From my understanding, Cara Delevingne and Karl Lagerfield were close friends. I honestly loved the thigh high pants, and the big white blouse. I thought this was a good ode to Karl in a cool way.

I loved Alton Mason’s look!! The edgy reference to Chanel Bridal is there, and he looks so good.

I like the simplicity of this look, they look classic in black and white. Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra look great with the varying materials used in their looks.

I already can’t wait for next year!

Sophie Steinbach

Holy Cross '25

Current sophomore at the College of the Holy Cross.