This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner and I am one of those girls who will leave it to the last minute to figure out what I’m going to be. Every year results in extra shipping fees as I squirm to get everything situated before the deadline, and (surprise surprise) I left myself with the same problem this year. I love Halloween and seeing everyone’s costumes, but the process of choosing multiple at a time can be a daunting task. With that being said, I have found myself browsing through iconic celebrity costumes online to get my creative juices flowing. I have a lot of work to do, but I have gathered some great ideas, some being easier to execute than others, thanks to some of my favorite celebs. So, here are my top picks for celebrity Halloween costumes these past few years:

Kylie Jenner as Christina Aguilera 

This one speaks for itself–Kylie’s take on Christina is absolutely on point!

Heidi Klum as Jessica Rabbit 

This would not be a celebrity Halloween costume article without the Halloween icon herself. The versatility in Heidi’s costumes is off the charts.

Gigi Hadid as Grease’s Sandy

Gigi’s resemblance to Sandy is uncanny, making this costume choice a definite winner.

Ellie Goulding as Dolly Parton

Nothing like a little country to spice up the Halloween fun!

Kendall Jenner as a Cucumber 

I mean…the backstory makes this costume even funnier. We love a little humor in our Halloween looks.

Emily Ratajkowski as Marge Simpson

Emily still managed to pull off the Marge look, even with the massive blue wig on her head.

Lupita Nyong’o as Dionne

This costume is nothing short of perfection. The fit, the hat, the PHONE…it’s giving me all the Clueless vibes.

Nina Dobrev as Billie Eilish

I think the wig is what makes this costume so flawless. Nina acted the part and executed the orange with ease.

Hailey Bieber as Britney Spears 

Some may say this costume is overdone, but I will never get tired of the queen Britney’s Baby One More Time look.

Cardi B as Cruella de Vil 

Cardi B absolutely slayed this Halloween costume, but also left us all wondering…where did the dog come from?

Kim Kardashian as Elle Woods

Kim with the blonde>>>!!!! But seriously, what is up with the accessorized dogs?

Beyoncé as Barbie 

She is the MOMENT. The pose, the box, the sunglasses…I am here for it all!

Dakota Fanning as a Loofah 

This is a funny take that could be cute with a dress similar to Dakota’s.

Jasmine Tookes as Jasmine

Jasmine dressing up as Jasmine is everything, and I am loving the hair.

Katy Perry as Hilary Clinton 

Katy always manages to make a statement (to say the least), and this is sure no exception.

Gabrielle Union as Bring it On’s Isis 

Gabrielle bringing back this classic is what I did not know I needed in my life. The fact that she did it with her daughter is what I call a full-circle moment.

Winnie Harlow as RuPaul      

We love icons supporting icons–especially when it’s RuPaul.          

Emily Johnson

Holy Cross '25

Junior English major at the College of the Holy Cross