This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Last year, I remember the six-week stretch of time following Christmas Break and before Spring Break relentlessly dragging on. It was freezing cold, and I was constantly miserable and bored. However this year the time is flying by, and I am still having fun. Rather than letting yourself fall into a pit of despair for the next two weeks, work on making your own fun with the people around you! While it is still (unfortunately) quite too cold out to be doing outdoor activities, here are some ideas for you:

1. Go pottery painting

My friends and I have been dying to try this pottery place in Shrewsbury called “Claytime,” which is right near Trader Joe’s and Chipotle. We haven’t found the time for it yet, so if you’ve been/end up going let me know how it is!

1. Activities in your dorm

A way to fill your time with friends could be doing various things right in your room, which is kinda the beauty of being in college. Buy some paint and small canvases, or get some popcorn and watch a movie. A personal favorite of my friends is playing Bananagrams (even though I have yet to win).

1. Shopping day

This past Saturday, a few of my friends and I went to a couple of places in Worcester to shop and kill some time. A few personal favorite stores of mine are Seed to Stem, Sweet Jane’s, Crompton Collective, Bedlam Book Cafe, and anything at the Worcester Public Market.

It’s very easy to make simple fun if you’re surrounded by positive, fun people. Keep your head and attitude up, only two more weeks until Spring Break!