Love is in the Air, or Maybe it is Just Pollen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Spring has sprung, and I believe in love again! Maybe it’s the flowers blooming on the trees, or the fact that everyone I know has found themselves in a relationship recently. This season of love is almost unexpected, as we often associate ‘cuffing season’ with the winter months. I personally have been in a relationship for many years, so this season I will be observing and commentating, rather than participating. To take advantage of my angle, I want to impart my wisdom with all those searching for something this year. Here is how I recommend taking advantage of this season. 

Go for walks; enjoy the fresh air and catch some rays, and maybe even bump into the love of your life (such a perfect meet cute!) 

Keep patience; it may be a season of love for most but, that does not mean everyone. Keep it fun, fresh and flirty even when it seems like love cannot find you.

Always be prepared; there is no way to know when love, or allergies, will strike. Keep some tissues and a pick-up line in your pocket at all times. 

Stay optimistic; you may feel as though you have found the person you want to tie the knot with but, maybe you should rest on it, and evaluate in the morning. Do not get swept up in the floral backdrop of this love story. 

Based on what I have seen so far, spring 2022 is a promising time. Global warming has blessed us with some very warm days, and the sunburns have already started peaking out. 

I am praying for a fruitful season for your flower gardens, and your love lives. I will make sure to publish a follow up article to see if these tears of mine are from joy, or just the pollen build up in the air.

Alissandra Conlon

Holy Cross '24

Sophomore majoring in chemistry with a studio art minor. Outside of the classroom you can find me hanging out with my friends, in the dance studio, or out to dinner.