Looking Back at The Bachelor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

1. “The Women Tell All”Before I even start on the season finale, “The Women Tell All” pretty much met everyone’s expectations this year. The entire thing was a clusterfluff, but the most random part was probably Gillian’s involvement. Remember Gillian?? She was the extremely physically fit girl in the first couple episodes but pretty irrelevant overall. However, she aggressively inserted herself into just about every aspect of the “Women Tell All” despite the fact that she was not a major part of the season at all. She decided she was a die-hard Britt fan and needed to defend her till the death (interesting choice), but I’m pretty sure Gillian and Britt never even really bonded while they were on the show. She was so aggressively involved, that Chris Harrison even had to say, “Woah Gillian…You’re a little jacked up.” Probably the wrong choice of words, Chris. Also, the disastrous fight between Carly and Britt was pretty entertaining, especially when Britt cried, “Why did you pretend to be my friend the whole time?” Lets be real Britt, you and Carly were never even close to being friends, and Carly called you out to your face several times, so don’t be naïve darling.

2. Becca Pretty Much Lost it for HerselfBecca was definitely my favorite of the two, but she was not helping herself by telling Chris’s family that she wasn’t really sure how she felt about him yet. She also was consistently mentioning how much Whitney was in love with Chris and would do anything for him, which pretty much convinced the family and Chris that Whitney was the clear winner. On the bright side, she was honest about her feelings and should be pretty content because she won’t be spending the rest of her life in the middle of nowhere.

3. Whitney’s VOICEWhitney is pretty adorable and props to her for having an actual job unlike most of the girls, but how could you be married to that voice?! To be honest, her high, nasally voice does match her bubbly, loving personality, but I think it might cause some problems if that’s all you’re listening to on your 800 acre farm in Iowa for the rest of your life. GOOD LUCK Chris.

4. Two Bachelorettes???I guess its about time they start switching the show up, but I’m not really sure how having two bachelorettes is going to work out. Especially because one of them is Britt. And the other one is Kaitlyn. And they hate each other. But I guess it will make for an interesting season??? On the bright side, Britt always keeps it real with her natural looking bright red lips and raw emotions.  To be honest, I think a better way to switch things up on The Bach would be to have a college edition of the bachelor, featuring all the campus cuties, with Maggie Sullivan as the Bachelorette, but maybe that’s just me.

Can’t wait for next season!!!! #TeamKaitlin #OrTeamMaggie