Late Night Food Culture on the Hill: Put Your Diet Aside for the Sake of Late Night Eating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Holy Cross students tend to order late night more times than not when going out.  Even when not going out, you can find a number of students ordering takeout, because when Kimball closes at 8, you gotta do what you gotta do.  The most popular places remain Wings Over Worcester, Dominos, Blue Jeans, and Wendy’s.  

1. Whether ordering in or eating out, we all tend to indulge every now and then. And if you aren’t, you have to check yourself, loosen up, and give yourself over to the horribly delicious habit. Your body can deal with occasional, unnecessary carbs and when it’s late and you’re hungry, I doubt anyone will want to stop you from ordering that delicious pizza. Honestly, how are we expected to stay up until 2 AM when the last time we ate is at 7 pm? It’s simply illogical NOT to eat late night.
  2. Also, late night snacking is a way to bring people together.  The second anyone hears you ordered five bacon pizzas to your room and are giving away free slices, you’ll realize you have friends you didn’t even know about. You can all bond over your shared love of Dominos and your mutual regret of not ordering cinnamon sticks and cheesy bread.
  3. Frankly, eating late night at Holy Cross is a going out staple.  If you’re not open to the idea of possibly eating honey barbeque wings on your floor at 2 in the morning, you might as well just stay home and catch up on Scandal. How else are you supposed to soak up all that you’ve had to drink in the earlier hours of the night?  You can burn off the bad carbs the next morning while walking up and down the stairs and hills of campus.
  4. **** Bonus!!!! Blue Jeans, the pizza place of all of our dreams extended their hours on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday- I like to say I played a role in that. If that’s not enough incentive to eat late night I don’t know what is.  

Junior at Holy Cross. English major with a Creative Writing Concentration. Member of the Varsity Lacrosse Team.
Evan Grogan

Holy Cross

Evan Grogan is a senior at the College of the Holy Cross who is studying abroad for the year at the University of St Andrews. She is an English and Art History double major and eventually hopes to attend graduate school for journalism and write for The New York Times. When Evan is not busy with school and writing for both Holy Cross' newspaper and Her Campus, she loves to read; go for runs; and spend time with her friends. She is obsessed with the color navy, rainbow sprinkles, and anything involving glitter.