Anna Schultz-Ripped Jeans
Anna Schultz-Ripped Jeans
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Style

Jewelry Staples for any Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

As someone who values simplicity in my wardrobe, I can confidently say that jewelry has helped me save a lot of time when choosing an outfit. With the right kinds of accessories you can look classy, with minimal effort. Here are some of my favorite jewelry pieces that can look good with almost any piece in your closet.

Medium Chunky Gold Hoops

I will admit that I was previously afraid of gold jewelry, but I can assure you that I will probably never go back to wearing silver. Gold is classy and always looks so pretty with neutral colors, without washing you out. My favorite way to spice up a look and make it slightly more girly is to wear medium sized, thick gold hoops. I always get mine at H&M or Target because they’re so cheap and there are so many variations. I specifically recommend the medium gold hoops because they are not too big but also do not disappear when you have long hair like mine. Just make sure you never shower with them on! Whether I am wearing a dress or a crewneck, gold hoops always add an element of class to my wardrobe and make me feel even the slightest bit better about myself when I’m feeling particularly lazy. 

Ear Cuffs

Ear cuffs are up and coming, trust me. You don’t need to get that painful cartilage piercing to look cool. Ear cuffs can simply be tightened around your ear to give the same effect a piercing would. They have different variations and types for a fair price on Amazon. I love these and they come in so many fun designs and colors!

Layered Gold Chains

Last but not least, call me basic, but I love my gold chains. I like to have at least one gold necklace that means something to me (whether it’s a monogram or an angel number) and one basic chain that I can pair with all my outfits. Lately I’m loving the monogram letter gold chain from Amazon, and I also gravitate towards my thin, simple gold chain from Amazon. You can also adjust the lengths so they don’t look too piled onto each other, that can be a bit overwhelming. Even layering these with a sweatshirt just slightly spices your look up, and you will look expensive without even trying. Looking cute and classy isn’t always necessarily centered around clothing; investing in jewelry pieces and knowing how to accessorize is just as essential to making an outfit!

Larissa Nunes

Holy Cross '24

Hi everyone! My name is Larissa Nunes and I am originally from Framingham, MA, but I also have family and spent some of my childhood in Brazil. I plan to major in the humanities on a pre-law track because writing and journaling have always been one of my favorite things to do. In addition to that, I was also a ballet dancer for 11 years. I enjoy talking about politics as well as fashion and lifestyle. I have a wide array of passions, so writing for Her Campus is the perfect way to express myself while appealing to different interests and types of people!