Interviewing My Roomate: Mimi Knight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Because I (very unfortunately) had to miss the Her Campus “speed dating” event where members interviewed one another in celebration of National Women’s Month, I decided to interview my roommate, who is my closest friend at Holy Cross: Mimi Knight. Mimi and I were matched together through the Holy Cross random roommate selection process, and became good friends almost instantly. She lives on a farm in a small town in Maine, and I loved learning some more things about her!

1. What’s your major and why?

I’m majoring in biology on the pre-med track, because I like science and I want to help people. I also want to minor in philosophy.

2. What is your favorite book and why?

My favorite book is the Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It’s the tale of King Arthur, but from the perspective of all the women that influence him. It’s fantasy and a really good book.

3. What’s your favorite thing to do over the summer?

I like to work as a waitress, I think it’s fun to interact with people. I also like to go swimming, go to the beach, travel, and try new foods.

4. Beach or mountains?

Anything at Acadia National Park on Bar Harbor in Maine I love. They have mountains, beaches, hiking trails, cool pools, they have it all. It’s really cool.

5. What is your favorite spot on campus?

Rehm Library.

Bridget O'Toole

Holy Cross '26

Hi! I am a sophomore at Holy Cross and am majoring in English and minoring in Architectural Studies. I'm from Long Island, New York, and my favorite things include skiing, reading, yoga, and the beach!