This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

With the semester winding down, it’s important to take some time to reflect on not only the past few months, but the school year as a whole. Before we can all move out for the summer, finals week unfortunately has to come first. However, finals do not always have to be stressful. I’m going to share with you some study tips, as well as a few ways to ease nerves as finals week approaches.

Start Studying Early

If you start studying and reviewing as soon as possible, you will have a higher chance of scoring higher on your finals. This will help with procrastination and stress as well, if you start studying smaller chunks over a longer period of time, in comparison to the majority of the material the night before.

Taking Breaks

Studying for hours and hours on end is not an effective way to retain information. By taking a 5 minute break after every 30 minutes of studying or a 10 minute break after an hour of studying, this will make your experience so much more manageable.

Finding Time for Yourself

It’s so important to take breaks that are fun, not just scrolling on your phone. Do some self care practices like face masks, meditations, yoga, or walking. Even if you don’t choose something

active like yoga or walking, just standing up, moving around, and stretching a bit is so important to get your muscles moving and blood flowing.

Switch Up Your Study Spot

Studies show that if you study in the same spot every time, your brain gets used to the area and gets too comfortable, which can negatively impact your ability to retain information. If you always study in your room, pick a new spot on campus! Or if you’re tired of always studying on campus as a whole, get off campus and pick a fun cafe or restaurant to get some work done!

Demi Kroumpouzos

Holy Cross '26

Hi! My name is Demi and I’m a current freshman at Holy Cross from Milton, MA. I’m majoring in Economics and double minoring in Dance and Ethics, Society, and the Institution of Business! I love fashion, beauty, and much more :)