Five Movies You and Your Roomies Need to Watch This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

The Monday-to-Friday grind on campus is officially in full swing. You can burn out fast if you don’t implement some staple weekday self-care routines. My favorite way to end a busy and stressful day is to reward myself with a movie with the roomies. It’s undoubtedly the perfect way to unwind and spend time with friends.

The ideal fall movie night scene is dim lights, cozy blankets, and pumpkin-scented candles. I always love to throw some Halloween-themed Pillsbury cookies into the mix. Me and my roommates are movie connoisseurs and have a great list of movies that will give you all the fall vibes.

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

An absolute classic. Getting you and all your roommates together to have a Harry Potter movie marathon is essential, but starting with The Sorcerer’s Stone will give you all the childhood nostalgia you need to get you through the week. 

1. Twilight

Looking for the perfect mix of cheesy and iconic? Put on Twilight for the early 2000’s vampire aesthetic. It just never gets old.

1. The Lake House

This one might be niche. A fantasy romance between Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves with a time-traveling twist. I won’t give the rest away, but it’s a fall must-watch.

1. Good Will Hunting

Calling this a fall movie might be controversial, but the autumn setting in Boston cannot be overlooked. If you have a roommate from outside of Massachusetts, it’s a rite of passage to show them this Boston classic.

1. A Walk to Remember

I must be honest; only watch this movie if you are ready to cry. Nicholas Sparks does no wrong with his romance stories, and Jamie and Landon will leave a hole in your heart.

Kara Rowan

Holy Cross '24

Hi! My name is Kara and I am a Senior at Holy Cross studying Math with a minor in Creative Writing.