This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

The chilling twelfth season of American Horror Story is underway, and it’s an absolute must-watch! The first part of this season titled “Delicate,” directed by Ryan Murphy, is available to stream now on Hulu. From a thrilling plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat, to a long list of celebrity appearances, this season has much to offer.

This star studded cast includes Cara Delevingne, Matt Czuchry and most notably Kim Kardashian, who all are new to the American Horror Story line-up. We also welcome back Emma Roberts, who plays the main character in this season, Anna Victoria Alcott. 

Without giving too much away, this season is based off of the novel “Delicate Condition” by Danielle Valentine, the pen name for Danielle Rollins. The novel and season follows Anna Alcott, an aspiring indie actress, who is determined to start a family with her husband, Dex. However, as she navigates the challenges of her rise in fame and demanding IVF journey, she suspects that someone is sabotaging her dreams. From break-ins, to things mysteriously appearing around her, things are certainly not as they seem as Alcott doesn’t know who to trust anymore. 

With each episode released, the plot continues to thicken. So far, it seems like we’re expecting to see a witchy twist. I’ve been very intrigued with some of the fan theories online, some even suggesting possible connections to previous seasons such as Coven. The earlier seasons of this anthology, known for their gripping narratives and unforgettable characters, have set high standards. Personally I like the concept so far, however I don’t think it will ever compare to my favorite seasons Murder House and Coven. With the promise of more supernatural suspense and dark surprises, this season has undeniably left me excited for its part two.

Lauren Blum

Holy Cross '26

Hey, I’m Lauren, I'm a second year from Long Island, NY. I love making art, listening to music, and spending time with my dog.