This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Going thrifting is something I’ve been meaning to do for the past couple of years, but I just never got around to actually doing it. So, in honor of the HerCampus spring semester thrift store coming up, I made two fellow members who are well-versed in thrifting take me this week (shoutout Fiona Smith and Emma Weiss <3).

When we first walked into the Goodwill of Worcester, I was surprised that the items were not limited to clothing: they had books, vinyl, CDs, different types of cups/bowls, and lots of paintings and pictures. Although tempted by some really pretty mugs, I stuck to getting clothes.

I started looking through the shirts and ended up with a cute, brown, and white striped v-neck and a plain, comfy-looking lavender t-shirt. These pieces are perfect because as the weather gets warmer, the more I realize my need for respectable shirts for class.

Next, we went to the dresses section, and I found a perfect dress for the beach during summer. It’s navy blue and white tie dye striped, low-necked at the top, cinched a little above the waist, and flowy from the cinch down.

Finally, I explored the tank top section and found this pretty purple tank with a velvet pattern on the bottom, which is very unique and fun. I also got this cream, chevron patterned knitted vest type thing. This purchase results from my recent Daisy Jones & The Six obsession, and I’m not at all mad about it.

Overall, my purchases total only $26.95. So thrifting was a 10/10 experience, making me even more excited about the HerCampus thrift store. Be sure to check it out (date TBD)!!!!

Bridget O'Toole

Holy Cross '26

Hi! I am a sophomore at Holy Cross and am majoring in English and minoring in Architectural Studies. I'm from Long Island, New York, and my favorite things include skiing, reading, yoga, and the beach!