Off Campus Study Spots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

As finals are quickly approaching, most of us are trying to finish (or better yet start) the mountain of work we have before we say goodbye to HC for a month. When Dinand starts to get overwhelming or when Cool Beans’ coffee starts to lose its touch, it’s time for a change of scenery. Here are a few great places to try off campus for studying that may be a little less stress inducing:

1. NU CaféIf you’re looking for fresh, healthy food AND a place to relax and type that final paper, NU Café is the perfect spot! It is a small café situated right by Clark, which makes the drive only 15 minutes and definitely worth the while. With a variety of options, including organic smoothies, fair trade coffee, and fresh paninis and salads, NU Café is an ideal location for anyone looking for a break from the Pub.
  2. Barnes and NobleI know it seems pretty cliché, but the bookstore franchise is actually one of the coziest places to do work, and the proximity to Starbucks isn’t a bad touch either. There are plenty of small café-esque tables for one to sit at and the noise level is moderate, so there are not too many outside disturbances (besides Facebook and Yik Yak). Shuttles always run to Blackstone, so there is no excuse to try studying here for a change of scenery!
  3. Worcester Art MuseumIf you’re looking for more of a library feel, then the Worcester Art Museum is perfect! The second floor of the building has an actual library in it with long tables like the reading room in Dinand and is usually never crowded, so no need to view other students stressing out about their work.
Evan Grogan

Holy Cross

Evan Grogan is a senior at the College of the Holy Cross who is studying abroad for the year at the University of St Andrews. She is an English and Art History double major and eventually hopes to attend graduate school for journalism and write for The New York Times. When Evan is not busy with school and writing for both Holy Cross' newspaper and Her Campus, she loves to read; go for runs; and spend time with her friends. She is obsessed with the color navy, rainbow sprinkles, and anything involving glitter.