Calling All The Basic Betches (Winter Edition)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Yes, you with the PINK Victoria’s Secret leggings and L.L. Bean boots. All fall you’ve been sipping you’re pumpkin spiced lattes, drinking your vodka sodas, and loving your green army jacket; you’ve been basic to say the least. Now that winter has come, there’s no way you’re changing your ways. If you’re still in denial here’s a new WINTER EDITION of the signs that you are in fact *~BASIC~*

1. Your chestnut Uggs are a staple in your winter wardrobe.

2. You max out your Starbucks holiday flavor latte rewards card once a week (that’s 5 holiday drinks a week ladies, CHECK THOSE CALORIES).

3. You’re going to Instagram the tree lighting on campus.

4. Black Northface parka. It’s necessary on the hill, but you’re still basic.

5. The boyfriend oversized Patagonia. Again cute af, BUT BASIC.

6. You JUST LOVEEEEEEEE dirty girl scouts (the drink my friends, the drink).

7. Your Christmas sound track is Justin Beiber or Michael Buble…or Mariah Carey

8. You attend an off campus party and participate in the ice luge 3+ times.

9. You’re wearing a black bodycon dress to any holiday formal.

10. You plan on instramming HC in the snow.

11. You’ve spent all your dining dollars on lattes and sushi, so now you’re “broke.”

12. You’ll be found sitting with a pint of ice cream, crying and watching the Victoria’s Secret fashion show.

13. You’ll be found doing crunches, crying and watching the Victoria’s Secret fashion show.

14. Basically, if you’re planning your night around watching the Victoria’s Secret fashion show.

15. You’re still upset about the end of pumpkin flavored anything.

16. You instagram a picture of your dog in the snow with some wintery, mushy caption about how a dog is a girl’s best friend.

17. You’ll spend your Christmas break on Pinterest planning your wedding, even though you aren’t engaged.

18. Your family Christmas card will consist of you, your siblings, and your dog. #BASSSSICCCC.

19. You know the Mean Girls Christmas dance…if this is true, I’m mostly just concerned (as your mother most likely is).

20. You’re wearing sequins for New Years.

21. Starbucks skinny peppermint mocha latte, that is all.

22. You’ll be taking an adorb pic with the bf in front of the Rockefeller Center Xmas tree.

23. You put up a picture of all your presents (not only basic, but extremely obnoxious).

24. The majority of your presents will be from Victoria’s Secret and Michael Kors.

25. You have a Pandora ring on your holiday wish list.

26. When you arrive back home, wherever that may be, you’ll instagram your fireplace and your dog.

27. OMG, chunky scarves are your absolute fav.

28. And finally, YOU CAN’T EVEN about finals.

If any of this is true for you, hate to break it to you- YOU’RE STILL BASIC.

If there's anything I've mastered in this life, it's a successful hair flip.