This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

BY: MARISA MONOHAN

It is the end of October. All the leaves are turning shades of orange and you are probably rotating between your favorite sweaters every day. You have traded in your Birkenstocks for Converse and are constantly craving a pumpkin spice latte. Some days you just want to snuggle under your blanket and listen to comforting music while watching the foliage outside the window. Here are five artists you need to add to your playlist in order to have the perfect fall day:                                                 

1. Noah Kahan

Noah Kahan’s new album Stick Season perfectly encapsulates the feeling of walking around a New England town in the fall. It is fueled by the sense of homesickness and nostalgia, reminding people of a childhood in New England. Stick Season is a time of transition, starting school again, and getting used to the colder weather as the leaves turn colors.                                               

2. The Lumineers

Let’s be honest, The Lumineers make you feel good. Whether you’re in the mood to sing your heart out to “My Eyes”, or listen to “Gale Song” during  homework, The Lumineers are the perfect artist to start out the school year with. The background guitar and simplicity of their music always manages to put you in the mood for a cozy fall day.                                                                       

3. Mt. Joy

Mt. Joy’s newest Album Orange Blood is the best picker-upper on a cool day. It isn’t overly upbeat, but it’s still perfect for singing along to. It is the ultimate music to listen to while making pumpkin cookies or apple pie with your friends.                                                               

4. John Vincent III

John Vincent III’s song “City Rain” is the best song to listen to while getting chores done on a rainy fall day. With a calm vibe, John Vincent III makes for a relaxing night and can make Cool Beans feel like a cute coffee shop in the city.                                                               

5. Bon Iver

This indie-folk band creates slower songs exquisite for the autumn aesthetic. As the temperature gets cooler and things slow down, it is nice to just sit back and enjoy Bon Iver’s soothing music.