This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

1. Red (Taylor’s Version)- Taylor Swift

Starting off strong with the absolute classic autumn album, “Red (Taylor’s Version”, of course) has something for everyone. From happy songs such as “Stay Stay Stay,” to the ones that bring you nostalgia like “22” and “We Are Never Getting Back Together,” and of course the best breakup song: “All Too Well (10 Minute Version),” every song really just feels like autumn leaves falling like pieces into place.

Favorites: State of Grace, Holy Ground, Forever Winter (all Taylor’s Version)

2. Norman f*****g Rockwell- Lana Del Rey

“Norman f*****g Rockwell” may be less out there as a fall album than Red, however it never fails to fit my mood through the season. This album makes me feel like the main character and as if I’m having a revelation every time I listen to it.

Favorites: Norman f*****g Rockwell, How to disappear, Happiness is a butterfly

Hozier- Hozier

I’m sure everyone knows the hit song “Take Me to Church,” the first track of this album. Now is the time to give the entire thing a chance! Every song on this album is a masterpiece and it never fails to make me want to be in nature in the crisp autumn air.

Favorites: From Eden, Like Real People Do, Run (Bonus Track)

Sling- Clairo

More down-beat than some of the others on this list, Clairo’s most recent album, released last year, is the perfect vibe for the school week from October-December. Walking to class, doing homework, or just in general, Clairo’s ethereal voice never fails to help me relax and get things done.

Favorites: Partridge, Zinnias, Reaper

Stranger in the Alps- Phoebe Bridgers

“Stranger in the Alps” is another more down-beat album, but still just as effective at making you feel the presence of fall. Simply put, it is perfect for late nights contemplating life-altering decisions.

Favorites: Scott Street, Georgia, You Missed My Heart

Rumors- Fleetwood Mac

Going back to 1977 to Fleetwood Mac’s rock album “Rumors,” there are classics on here that will never fail to pick you up (specifically after a late night contemplation listening to Phoebe Bridgers). From hearing “Dreams,” to “The Chain,” you’ll be reminded of the fall season at home while growing up.

Favorites: Never Going Back Again, The Chain, You Make Loving Fun

Bridget O'Toole

Holy Cross '26

Hi! I am a sophomore at Holy Cross and am majoring in English and minoring in Architectural Studies. I'm from Long Island, New York, and my favorite things include skiing, reading, yoga, and the beach!