6 Motivational Quotes to Get You Through HC Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Alas, that dreaded week of the semester, finals week, is upon us all. The week in which the student population resembles that of a zombie apocalypse, Cool Beans makes a killing, and finding a study spot in Dinand is reminiscent of the Hunger Games. It is a difficult week for us all, but somehow we always all survive. If you’re feeling like your brain simply does not have any more space for that last random and seemingly insignificant piece of information from the first week of the semester, have faith. Pair these inspiring quotes with a third cup of coffee and you will undoubtedly be able to conquer anything.

1. “Dreams are lovely, but they are just dreams. Fleeting, ephemeral, pretty. But dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It’s hard work that makes things happen. It’s hard work that creates change.” – Shonda Rhimes 
  2. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti 
  3. “Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘Press On’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”– Calvin Coolidge 
  4. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.”– Norman Vincent Peale 
  5. “Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.”– William Arthur Ward 
  6. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”–Ralph Waldo Emerson
Maura Arnold

Holy Cross

Evan Grogan

Holy Cross

Evan Grogan is a senior at the College of the Holy Cross who is studying abroad for the year at the University of St Andrews. She is an English and Art History double major and eventually hopes to attend graduate school for journalism and write for The New York Times. When Evan is not busy with school and writing for both Holy Cross' newspaper and Her Campus, she loves to read; go for runs; and spend time with her friends. She is obsessed with the color navy, rainbow sprinkles, and anything involving glitter.