5 Signs You’re Addicted to Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

As Christmas looms just around the corner, it comes for the time to distinguish which Crusaders enjoy the holiday and which are a BIT more obsessed.

1. You watch ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas religiously.What are finals? You know exactly where you’ll be each night from the 1st to the 25th: parked right in front of the TV to tune into your favorite Christmas movies from “Holiday in Handcuffs” to “The Polar Express.” You may have a stack of unfinished work on your desk, but you are certainly not about to let a petty Biology final get in the way of this prime viewing time!
  2. You buy your Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.While some prefer to enjoy a few days of post-Thanksgiving relaxation before purchasing their Fraser Fir, you know you’ll be first in line the second you digest the turkey and pumpkin pie from just a few hours ago. The scent of pine needles and the basket of pretty and festive ornaments is all you need to get into the Christmas spirit!
  3. Your dorm is thoroughly decorated to match the holiday season.No dorm room would be complete without your door covered in wrapping paper, Christmas lights adorning your wall, and a mini Christmas tree in the corner! Now, every time you’re in your room you’re constantly reminded of your favorite holiday. It’s even ok that no one can enter your room without being bombarded by paper snowflakes swinging into their faces and a sprinkling of some fake snow. The more the merrier, right?
  4. You get extremely upset when the red Starbucks cups go awayHow much better is drinking a peppermint mocha or gingerbread latte from a fun red holiday cup?! You can’t think of a worse day than the time you order your seasonal drink only to discover it is being served in a boring, regular white cup. It’s only January 2nd and you find it absurd that baristas don’t understand that you’re already going through post-Christmas-traumatic-stress-disorder; you definitely don’t need this in your life right now.
  5. You continue to play Christmas music after the 25th has passed.Sure, it might be mid-January. But, you can bet that Mariah Carey is still singing “All I Want For Christmas Is You” in your ear buds as you hit the books upon returning from Christmas break. You refuse to acknowledge the date on the calendar or your friends telling you to turn off the holiday tunes during your pregame. A little Christmas music never killed anybody (but you’re sure post-holiday blues have).
Evan Grogan

Holy Cross

Evan Grogan is a senior at the College of the Holy Cross who is studying abroad for the year at the University of St Andrews. She is an English and Art History double major and eventually hopes to attend graduate school for journalism and write for The New York Times. When Evan is not busy with school and writing for both Holy Cross' newspaper and Her Campus, she loves to read; go for runs; and spend time with her friends. She is obsessed with the color navy, rainbow sprinkles, and anything involving glitter.