4 Little Ways to Celebrate the Holidays as a Busy College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Yup… it’s already December again, and the holidays are quickly approaching.  

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, but for college students, it is also the busiest. If you’re anything like me, you’re probably drowning in work for finals, and have hardly any time to celebrate the holidays. However, here are a few little ways to celebrate and spread some joy to get your mind off finals:

1. The first thing you can do is buy yourself some Christmas Pajamas. I have a few pairs of holiday themed sleep sets, and I love putting them on every night. They are so cozy and bring me instant holiday spirit when I put them on. 

2. The second thing you can do is decorate your dorm room or apartment. I know we’re all on tight budgets as college students, but having a room filled with Christmas spirit helps me to take my mind off of my schoolwork. Also, Target, everyone’s favorite place, has some super cute decorations right in the under $10 section at the beginning of the store. Here are some of the little items my roommates and I have put in our dorm:

**sorry it’s sideways!**

mSrtcTOxdSC15brMp7sEOBtJvb7CHZsJjcfjg 4r TbITDPcZQGA0xwfsNCbdzod7gn9YMEo9zm4NnrrFtRY8eBnBB3BB

3. The third thing you can do is a friend gift swap. You can organize a little yankee swap for the end of finals, and all your friends can even all wear holiday themed sweaters or pajamas to make the celebration even more festive.

4. Lastly, it’s important to take some study breaks to destress, because your mental health is ultimately more important than school. During your study breaks you can take time to do Holiday themed activities with friends. Go on a drive to go look at some lights, listen to Christmas music, or even going to Starbucks to get the red cup.  

Hannah Delea

Holy Cross '23

Hannah Delea is a current junior at Holy Cross pursuing a degree in political science and a self designed interdisciplinary minor called "business, ethics, and society". She loves all things beauty and fashion, as well as health and fitness, which you can read more about in her articles.