There’s Nothing A Girl Can’t Do Without Her Jack Rogers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at High Point chapter.

It’s safe to say after being moved in for just over a month you have noticed the abundance of those Jack Roger sandals, or whatever they are called, all over campus. You have to admit it though, we all have a pair, despite being a little overpriced for a pair of sandals that are extremely painful at first.

However, there is something about having a pair of Jacks on my feet that make me feel as if I could take on the world. That click-clack noise they make as you walk into a building forces you to walk with your head held high and a little more confidence. Or maybe it is just knowing that they were also Jackie O’s shoe of choice that makes me feel more important when I have mine on. The way you can dress them up or down for any occasion might also add to my obsession. Regardless, I love the feeling I get sliding my feet into those wooden soled flats. Even with Fall coming, that doesn’t mean I plan on retiring mine for the season yet, maybe just switching to darker colors.

Dorothy had her red sparkly shoes, Cinderella had her glass slippers, Carrie Bradshaw has her stilettos and well southern girls (or at least several High Point girls) have their Jacks. While many of us self proclaimed southern girls believe no outfit is complete without her Jacks, it is safe to say that shoes can say a lot about a person. That makes having one certain pair that makes you feel your best only that much more important, whether they happen to be Jacks or not.

Erika Esterline is a freshman at High Point University. Her major is communications, currently with a concentration in journalim and she is also minoring in graphic design. On campus she writes for the school newspaper, the Campus Chronicle, helps with HPU News and is part of the Media Fellows Program. When she's not doing school work you can find her binge watching Netflix with her suitemates or hiding out in the editing suites playing on inDesign.  
Mollie McKinley is currently a rising junior at High Point University in High Point, North Carolina, where she studies English Literature with a double minor in communications and women and gender studies. Mollie is a proud sister of Alpha Gamma Delta, a High Point University swimmer, and serves as a campus correspondent for High Point's chapter of Her Campus. She works as a Writing Tutor for HPU's Writing Center, and has a love for dogs, creative writing, poetry, netflix and music. Mollie's biggest aspiration is to work as a humor writer for Buzzfeed, or for any online media, really. Mollie is a strong supporter of gender equality and loving yourself, although it can be hard a majority of the time. Mollie is originially from West Virginia with an endless passion for the outdoors, and really awesome hikes.