SUB Freshman Party: The HC Helsinki Checkpoint

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

SUB – the student organization of the English majors – had its annual freshman party recently and Her Campus Helsinki was lucky enough to hold one of the checkpoints at the event. Our checkpoint included the groups making a poster based on their assigned countries and then taking a fabulous selfie with it. The checkpoint – dubbed as “Culture and Society” – was a huge success and we were naturally eager to share the results of the little arts and crafts moments we had with the different freshman groups.

Below you can see the posters for United States, Canada, Scotland, and Australia. All groups were very liberal with the glitter and made very creative collages.

One of our favorite posters was made by the Wales group who drew a fierce glitter dragon. And as English majors, we naturally liked the English poster.

The winners of the whole freshman party were the members of the Ireland group: at our checkpoint they made a poster featuring the national anthem of Ireland, and after going through all the checkpoints they performed a hilarious Oscar Wilde themed play as their final assignment.

If you haven’t already seen the selfies from the Her Campus Helsinki checkpoint, pop by at our Instagram page to see them!

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.
Helsinki Contributor