Quick & Easy Recipe: Garlic Butter Baked Salmon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Cooking after a long hard working day and studies can be tiring and time-consuming, especially when it comes to cooking healthy food. Our recipe for today is easy to make, requires minimal ingredients, delicious as well as high in protein baked salmon.    

Image credit: Cafe Delites 

You will need:

• 500g potatoes
  • 2 tbsp olive oil

• 1 ½ tsp salt

• ½ tsp black pepper

• Salmon fillets (around 200g)

• 2 ½ tbsp minced garlic

• Fresh chopped parsley

• ⅓ cup lemon juice + 1 sliced lemon

• ½ cup melted butter

• 3 bunches asparagus

• ¼ cup chicken broth

Instructions:

Start off by peeling the potatoes and chopping them into wedges. Put all the chopped potatoes on a baking sheet pan. Add oil, minced garlic, salt and black pepper and toss together with potatoes. Heat an oven to 200°C and roast the potatoes for 15 min until they’re starting to soften and brown.

Then take out the sheet pan, push potatoes to the side and put the salmon down the center. Rub the salmon with garlic and chopped parsley. Add the asparagus to the other side of the pan.

Mix lemon juice with the melted butter and pour the mixture over the salmon and asparagus. Add the remaining salt and pepper and return the baking sheet pan to the oven for another 8-10 min until potatoes get tender and the salmon – opaque with crispy golden edges.

While baking, combine the remaining butter, garlic and lemon juice with chicken broth in a small bowl. Serve the mixture with the salmon, potatoes, asparagus and lemon slices.

Bon Appétit!

Source: 

https://cafedelites.com/sheet-pan-garlic-butter-baked-salmon/

Helsinki-based, Anna is an MA graduate in English Philology, an inspirational corporate English trainer at goFluent professional training language school, and a former Campus Correspondent/writer/social media manager at HC Helsinki. When Anna is not teaching and running her language blog @annalina.eng , she can usually be found practicing chillout Hatha yoga and dancing energetic Zumba.