#Phoneography at the Lasipalatsi Gallery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

The #Snapshot exhibition (which is still open until 18th of January) at the Finnish Museum of Photography inspired another, smaller exhibition at the Lasipalatsi gallery: a group called Photofuss collected various photos for an exhibition of so-called smartphone art. All the photos on display were taken with smartphones and worked as a perfect example of how amazing photography can be – even when you take the photo with your phone instead of a DSLR camera.

The collection features 41 pictures out of the 200 that were submitted. On the exhibition’s website, Photofuss group states the reason to be their desire to give plenty of space for every photo displayed.

While the Snapshot exhibition was more about documenting the mass phenomena connected to camera phones (like for example, selfies), this exhibition is all about how the medium doesn’t matter with art! It is just as possible to make valued art even with an everyday phone.

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.