Linnanmäki: Wacky Fun for All Ages

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

There’s nothing like a visit to Linnanmäki to bring on the childhood nostalgia: the smell of popcorn, the laughter and screams, the rumble of the roller coaster whizzing past… While the prices seem to skyrocket as fast as Raketti zooms up with its giggling passengers, there’s something about a day at the amusement park that is just so worth it!

Between the rides, pop by to guzzle down a Lintsi waffle and a hot dog – or go straight for the candy in the deliciously colorful candy stores.

If you don’t have it in you to splurge almost 40 euros on a ticket wristband, you can get the evening wristband, which is valid for the last three opening hours. Evening time is gorgeously magical with the lights twinkling everywhere and the queues are often shorter than during the days.

Linnanmäki is open until the second to last week of October so embrace your inner child and go spin around in Mustekala or Kehrä!

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.
Helsinki Contributor