Her Campus Helsinki at the Opening Carnival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

It’s been a long and eventful summer and while the weather had been questionable at times, there was nevertheless plenty of blueberries to harvest, new places to visit, films to watch and books to read and probably more ice cream devoured than the rest of the year put together. So now that our stomachs are full and our heads brimming with inspirations and ideas for the autumn, it’s time for us at Her Campus Helsinki to start the new school term with a bang!

For the first time ever, we’ll be participating in the University of Helsinki’s annual Opening Carnival as an official organisation, so do come by our booth on the City Centre campus TODAY starting at 14.00 at Porthania to say hello and show your support! This is also a great opportunity for you to talk to some of our members and find out more about our chapter and the plans we have in store for the upcoming year. We’re also recruiting new members for our team right now, so if you’ve been itching to let out some of that creative juice bottled up inside all summer, look no further and stop by to discover all you can do at Her Campus Helsinki. There will be good music, a bouncy castle, more ice cream and lots of cheerful people at the Opening Carnival, so take advantage of this last free day before lecture begins and join us in making Her Campus Helsinki bigger and better this year.

While you’re impatiently waiting to see us this afternoon, why not take a few minutes to make sure you’re already following us on Twitter and Instagram and has liked our Facebook page? One randomly chosen person who has liked our Facebook page will be given a cool prize, so head over and like it now! The draw will be done on Tuesday at 18 EEST and the lucky winner will be announced on our page as well as contacted through private messages. Good luck and see you soon!

For the full programme of the Opening Carnival, click here or visit the offical Facebook page here.

Lyra Li

Helsinki

A perpetual dreamer searching for new adventures, more crime novels to read and the determination to become a minimalist.