Campus Cutie: Tereza Pavlyshche

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Year: 4th

Major: European Studies

Hometown: Banská Bystrica (Slovakia)

Hobbies: reading, dancing, traveling, exploring new cultures

What’s the most surprising thing you’ve learned about Helsinki/Finland?

How much milk, blueberry juice and coffee people actually drink. Also their shyness but at the same time extreme niceness and willingness to help! Not to mention how much thought they put into protecting the nature around them! I have never seen so many forests and lakes, I love that.

What do you like to have for breakfast?

Blueberry yougurt with green tea, however I’m starting to get addicted to coffee!

Tell me something that made you smile recently.

Discussing my British friend’s dog and his unwillingness to learn the difference between a glass door and an open one. As well as their on-going battle on not eating socks!

Who’s your current celebrity crush?

Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgård. On second thought, probably his whole family.

If you could have any super power, what would it be?

Mind reading! It would save a lot of time studying for exams!

A book you had read at school that positively shaped you?

I would have to say The White Fang by Jack London. Although, Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time favourites.

Which (fictive/real) person would you love to have coffee with?

I have heard that you should never meet your heroes, in order for them not to disappoint you, so I’m feeling a bit torn… Nevertheless, so far, I think I would be more than happy to meet my new friends from all over the Europe I had met in the Helsinki Summer School for a cup of coffee once again, as soon as possible. Too bad most of them had already left….

Tereza is one of our new brilliant additions to the HC Helsinki team this autumn, stay tuned for some amazing articles by her coming soon!

Lyra Li

Helsinki

A perpetual dreamer searching for new adventures, more crime novels to read and the determination to become a minimalist.