Campus Cutie: Oles Datsko

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Major: Intercultural Encounters with specialisation in Speech Communication (Master’s degree programme)

Hometown: Lviv, Ukraine

Hobbies: I like to draw and take photos. Even do some freelancing, when offers appear.

What brought you to Helsinki University?

I have been to Finland several times before, ’cause I’m in love with the North and Nordic countries. I applied for a Master’s to Sweden and Finland, but since my sister lives here – I decided that would be easier.

What gets you up in the morning?

I think it must some kind of divine power to get me up. I am an owl-person. But if it’s about motivation – I’d say exploring. Good music in headphones and new places make me feel fulfilled.

Favourite song of the moment?

Lately I’ve had this hip-hop mood. I listen to a lot of Run the Jewels (their song “Early” is on the top of my playlist right now) and Jesse James Solomon, his “Medusa” song suits perfectly to this weather. Have you also heard the new James Blake cover on “Sound of Silence”? It’s so peaceful, I love it. 

If you could be anyone for a day who would it be?

Easy question: The Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant from Adventure Time!

What do you do for fun?

I try not to be an introvert and go meet other human beings.

When was the last time you danced?

You know the answer to that!

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shouldn’t it be a surprise? I know only for sure that I want to travel. It would be great maybe to get money for things I like to do and do well, like drawing for instance. But I feel open to new challenges.

What’s your best quality?

I feel like a rock-star answering all these questions! Not sure about the best, but I definitely need to fight laziness, ’cause this card beats all the strong ones you’ve got.

Tell us a joke?

Please, no jokes, I don’t know any jokes!

Helsinki Contributor