Campus Cutie: Jonathan O’Brien

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Major: Theology: Comparative Religious Studies

Year: Fourth

Hometown: Helsinki

Interests: I’m an actor in an English-speaking University theater group (Thespians Anonymous), I sing in one of the student nation choirs and spend way too much time playing video games.

What is your favorite thing to do after an exam?

I usually celebrate by going to see a movie or getting something good to eat, like an ice cream at Ciao Cafe’s.

Who is your biggest inspiration?

That’s a tough question. I’ve found many people in my life who are inspiring and who are a source of strength for me, but after the death of Robin Williams, I realized just how much his work inspired me and just how much he influenced me as a person.

What are your minors and why did you choose them?

I’m minoring in pedagogy, or teacher studies to put it simply. I guess it’s sort of a safe option, in the sense that I wouldn’t mind becoming a teacher, but there’s also many other opportunities available for someone who has a teaching degree. So basically I’m trying to keep my options open.

What’s your favorite movie of all time?

Easy, it’s V for Vendetta. I’ve watched it like six times and will probably watch it another six times soon.

Describe the most exciting thing you did over the summer.

It probably says something about my summer that the most exciting thing was that I went to Särkänniemi :D . I’m hoping that next summer would be a bit more adventurous.

What’s your biggest phobia?

That I wake up in a strange place and can’t find my wallet.

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.